Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Huckabee: 'I May Be Killing My Political Career'


Huckabee: 'I May Be Killing My Political Career'


From the page: "What I mean by that, I'm just saying there are a lot of people who say I'm staying and creating problems for the party, and there are obviously people in the party who are unhappy that I've stayed. Now, keep in mind, they're all supporting John McCain, but this sense that it's just his turn, let's just all step aside -- I find that insulting as a Republican, and as a candidate," Huckabee said. "

Huckabee may be right. Never the less, his platform does very much contrasts from Sen McCain's. A lot of us really have problems with McCain. Not just his past liberal ways but the way he is gravitating ever so "Romneyesquely" far from his own past in order to clinch the Republican nomination. So who do we trust, the old maverick McCain or the new conservative McCain? Or should all these discrepancies be ignored just because the establishment Republicans have declared this to be McCains's turn? Since when did the party appoint nominees and "elected" officials?

I'll stick with Huckabee for as long as he survives this election cycle. I just hope that he will last until May when Indiana holds it's primary. I'd like to be able to vote for someone I believe in for a change.

No comments: