Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Huck Challenges McCain to a Verbal Dual



From the page:
"The Honorable John McCain

John McCain 2008

P.O. Box 16118

Arlington, VA 22215

Dear Senator McCain:

It's been my pleasure sharing the stage with you this past year, as we have worked to promote our ideas to lead this county. I have the deepest respect for you as a person, politician, and an American hero รข€" and I appreciate the way you have run such an issue-based, positive campaign.

Now that the race for the Republican nomination is down to just the two of us, I believe this is the time for a real discussion about our vision for the future of this great country. I encourage you to join me in a Lincoln Douglas-style debate so that voters can better understand our views on critical issues such as health care, education, energy independence, terrorism and national security.

Our Democratic counterparts, Senators Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, have had recent opportunities to underscore the differences in their positions. It seems only fitting to me that Republican primary voters are offered the same.

I look forward to working with your staff to schedule this as soon as possible. I would suggest we set the debate before the March Fourth Primaries. It is my hope that one of the TV networks would offer to sponsor such an event.

Senator, let's lead by example and get the ball rolling. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this idea and debating you in front of the American people

Sincerely,

Mike Huckabee"

ruffedge: considering McCain's delegate count it seems highly unlikely that he would agree to a two way debate. He's already canceled one debate that was scheduled for the 28th of February. I am more inclined that Sen. McCain finds a coronation preferable to actually having to work for the GOP nomination. Besides, the Senator is fully well aware of Gov. Huckabee's exceptional debating skills and his own lack there of.

No comments: